Google Ads is the most direct way to promote your products or services online.
Google Ads is a digital marketing tool created by Google, in which the advertiser pays every time a prospective customer clicks on their ad. This type of advertising is called pay-per-click (PPC).
In this way, the advertiser can identify and send users who are already searching for services or products on his website, e-shop or even a contact form.
If the advertising campaign is structured correctly, the result should be more sales, more traffic to your site, and more phone calls from potential customers.
The most common categories of Google Ads are:
- Google Search Ads: search ads appear above Google search results when users search for the products and services you offer.
- Google Display Ads: Display ads appear on more than two million websites and over 650,000 mobile apps, so your ad can be shown wherever your audience is.
- Google Video Ads: Video ads appear on YouTube to the users you want, and you only pay when they watch them.
Tips for a successful Google Ads campaign
So, let’s see what the key steps are to make your Google Ads campaign a success.
Detailed market and competition research
Before you start advertising on Google you need to have a good understanding of what it is you want to promote:
– Is it a product or a service?
– Do you have a physical store or not?
– How and where will consumers/customers typically look for it? On Google, YouTube or some other platform?
– Is it a product that is highlighted by the image or not?
– What kind of advertising do your biggest competitors use?
Once you have all the answers to the above questions, you can proceed to the next steps.
Choose the right type of ad on Google
Choosing the right type of ad is very important to ensure that the money you invest will be seen by your target audience.
However, it’s worth noting that whichever type of advertising you choose, it’s good to leave room for some experimentation with other Google Ads categories.
Research for keywords
Keywords are a key part of Google Search Ads, as they determine who will see your ad. The better research you can do in this area, the better your ad will perform. It’s important to understand which keywords your audience uses when searching and what the intent behind each keyword is.
To draw the right conclusions about a Google Ads ad you’re running, you can’t help but experiment. Only this way you will know which the best type of ad, which days, and times it performs best, which specific audience to target and which keywords are worth investing in.
* This article was written by Dimitris Kontarakis, Digital Strategist and owner of eSteps and was published in the online edition of the newspaper Eleutheros Typos on Wednesday 8/2/2023